Date: Saturday, May 30, 2015
10:00am - 3:00pm
Time Zone: Eastern
National American Indian Museum
One Bowling Green
New York City, NY 10004
This free training is open to teachers and informal educators including full access to the on-line Teacher Toolkit and take home curriculum. Recommended for grades 5 to 8 classrooms and out of school time programs.
The toolkit includes six bilingual modules that explore three themes:
- American Experience
- Sustaining a Bio Diverse Planet
- World Cultures
The New York Training will include:
- In-depth review of Educator Toolkit and overview of the six modules and interactive tools available
- Step by Step Training of the Cerámica module that explores archeology activities related to World Culture
- Overview of the Watershed module related to Sustaining a Bio Diverse Planet
- Lessons learned from pilot programs
- Optional tour of Cerámica exhibition at museum
Criteria and commitment to participate in Educator Training:
- Access to computers and internet to fully utilize the transmedia resources in your classroom
- Implement at least one module into classroom or program curriculum in Summer 2015 or Fall 2015
- Your program/classroom has Latino students
- Participate in a Webinar that will address additional questions after attendees have had an opportunity to use LVM on their own.
- Complete evaluation
No cost for training and access to all LVM materials, including the Educator Tool Kit.
REGISTER TODAY by signing up below
NYSUT will provide in-service hours and certificates to teachers who attend
Click here to read more.