Check out NJ's Afterschool Water Science
The 21st Century Afterschool Science Project (CASP)
The 21st Century Afterschool Science Project brings together the resources, technology, health and science of New Jersey to develop and integrate quality science and health education programs into afterschool programs. It engages adults and children in the joy of exploration and discovery, the satisfaction of thinking critically about the 'why' and the 'how', and the freedom to pursue the questions about the natural world that intrigue and delight us.
- An informal, hands-on science curriculum infused with language arts and math skill that is appropriate for integration into afterschool, out-of-school time (OST) and extended-day settings
- Use of a guided-inquiry approach to encourage student problem-solving and engagement and effective facilitation of science learning by non-scientists
- Training and capacity-building through modeling of effective science learning and delivery, and on-site technical assistance that capitalizes on the strengths of OST staff and environments;
- Family-involvement strategies which are integral to students' academic success
- A guide to incorporating science-learning into afterschool and other OST programs, which includes research, strategies, resources and templates tailored specifically for afterschool providers and their staff.