Want ideas on eco-friendly activities, recycled crafting, and sustainable program ideas, head to the
Fun-Filled, Planet-Friendly Festival
The Garden State Greenfest is dedicated to educating, inspiring, and empowering children and adults, individuals and families, urbanites and small town folks to come together in their communities and workplaces to create a more sustainable planet for future generations. This year’s Garden State Greenfest will take place on March 18-20 at Kean University.
You’ll find so much to inform, inspire and entertain you at the Garden State Greenfest.
- Presentations from exciting, knowledgeable speakers, celebrities, and activists.
- Fun and interactive kids’ activities and workshops including composting with worms, organic gardening, trash audits, and animal conservation.
- Educational workshops led by knowledgeable, passionate experts on topics like home energy audits, organic gardening, solar and geo-thermal energy, green cleaning and more.
- Exhibitors showcasing all things green including organic food, clothing and household products, alternative energy, green building design, fair trade products and more Whether you’re already a green activist or a budding environmentalist, join us in Union, NJ March 18-20 as we celebrate our fourth annual festival!
It's Easy Being Green at GreenFest!
- Bring your reusable water bottle and fill up with filtered water
- Help us divert as much waste as we can from landfill!
- Recycling for paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, metal
- All food waste and plates, cups, utensils, get composted in compost bins!
- Get here with public transportation; Union Train station is right next door!
Friday, March 18, 2011: 10am - 2pm
Saturday, March 19, 2011: 10am - 4pm
Sunday, March 20, 2011: 10am - 4pm
Kean University, Harwood Arena
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
Adults: $10 in advance, $15 at the door
Children 17 and under: Free
Seniors 65 and over: Free on Friday. Proof of age required.
Tickets can be purchased here.
GARDEN STATE GREENFEST MISSION
To use information, inspiration and action to save the planet, one person at a time.